Telecommuting, the DEVONtech lifestyle Blog Post

Interesting post on telecommuting on the DEVON blog today. My wife and I have both worked out of our home for over 10 years now, and she in particular telecommutes as Dean of Education for a university here in the US.

I thought the more interesting part of the blog is a picture of @BLUEFROG playing his dulcimer. Here is a picture of my Appalachian dulcimer, made of fancy walnut by my friend and fellow woodworker Warren May. The Appalachian dulcimer is the official musical instrument of Kentucky, and in the last 40+ years Warren has made over 17,000 of them.

She’s beautiful, Greg! The stick dulcimer in the picture is Emma and I adore her. I’d love to get an Appalachian dulcimer some day soon but don’t have the excess resources to get one. :cry: Thanks for sharing, especially nice to hear about you and your wife’s experiences as well. I’m finding I have good company out here. Cheers! :smiley:

I agree – it is a gorgeous instrument, Greg. Your friend has averaged more than one instrument per day every day for 40 years. Got to be a world record in that.

Jim, Highland Woodworking just released their current YouTube video of The Highland Woodworker. It features Warren in the Moment With a Master segment, beginning at the 24:00 minute mark. Interesting info on Warren, the dulcimer, and how he makes them.

Moment With a Master

Awesome! I’m going to watch it right now! :smiley: