Template for Dttg to import

Continuing the discussion from Daily Note/Weekly Note on ios help? (and maybe a feature request):

I have been using dt and Dttg for many years. I am not a programmer of any kind. Can you direct me to a Shorcut that would allow me to create a termplate on which I could add text and which would then be imported into Dttg

Thanks

1 Like

As noted in that discussion: On DEVONthink To Go’s databases screen, select ? > Contact Us to start a support ticket. Thanks!

Here’s the IOS Shortcut I use
It creates a type Formatted Note; other types can be specified

1 Like

Wel I could not find the ? nor the contact us …lol… I know I am not an idiot so I guess I just cant find what you are referring me to…
The good news is that I am on vacation and spent two days now trying to find a way to ease the work flow and despite lots of reading anructd trying, still unsuccessful.
I have tried multiple suggestions, such as backing up goodnotes into a zip file, except I cant index the zip file. And goodnotes structured folders is not the same as structured folders in DT.
I have been trying to integrate DT with programs such as Srivener and Goodnotes or Notability etc… Lots of discussions but as far as smooth workflows, no success. I have only been at this for years…lol

So i was hoping with a shortcut, I could create notes which I could save to a file and have that file indexed or imported into DT.

1 Like

You can’t do much with scrivener as messing with its .scriv files is dangerous. However there are two options (both of which I use).

In scrivener you can ‘sync to external folder’ and then index that into DT. Any changes in the folder from either Scrivener or DT will show up in both. If that folder is on iCloud, you can use IOS editors. E.g. I have a scrivener project that syncs to an ICloud folder within IA Writer. Anything in this folder I can access in Scrivener, DT or IA writer (MacOS or IOS).

The second option is to put the Scrivener’s scratchpad into a folder on iCloud and index it with DT. You can then add documents to the scratchpad using DT or using a shortcut like @DTLow on IOS or have the scratchpad folder within the iCloud of your editor of choice.

FYI copying DT item links into a scrivener document (say in your reference section) also work to open the DT items.

FYI (2) I store scrivener projects within a DT database. I haven’t had any issues so far.