Templates to use Devonthink Pro Office as a Diary- Journal

thanks but…
Screenshot 2023-04-17 alle 16.59.30

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

I will, but before tell me if what I’m doing is correct…
I invoke the template from Data/New from Template… I write my note… I save it
if I open DayOne I should find my note and a link back to DT journal note
Correct?
well… (besides the error I showed you yesterday) only the backlink is in DayOne, not the journal note…

When you run the script, a Journal file is made in a Journal group hierarchy, pre-popluated with some headlines, etc. (per the original script/template). Also, a DayOne entry is created with the date a link back to the journal document in DEVONthink.

so…not. a copy of the DT Journal file as it is in DayOne?
ih this case there a was an error in your template easy to correct (I did it) in the Korm script copy and now it works, but… is it not possible to copy also the journal file from DT to DayOne?
thanks

That is correct. There is not a copy of the journal in DayOne. That’s not how the script works.

What error?

That’s not the purpose of the script. Possible? Maybe but it’s not a simple, flip this one switch modification if it is. Also, this would not be a good idea in this case as edits made in one app or the other would not propagate to the other.

the error IMHO was
" – This code snippet is compliments of korm
on makeJournalEntry(j_Content)
set new_JournalEntry to do shell script “echo " & (quoted form of j_Content) & " | /usr/local/bin/dayone2 new”
end makeJournalEntry

instead of
on makeJournalEntry(j_Content)
set new_JournalEntry to “echo " & (quoted form of j_Content) & " | /usr/local/bin/dayone2 new”
do shell script new_JournalEntry
end makeJournalEntry

my goal could be to copy the journal entry in DayOne and to modify it as it is only in DayOne… at the end of the day…?
thanks

There’s no error in that handler. In fact, the one I used is just a more succinct form. They are the same essential code.

my goal could be to copy the journal entry in DayOne and to modify it as it is only in DayOne… at the end of the day…?

Why not just DayOne instead? :thinking:

because I hoped to have everything in DTP…
btw there is another way to start a ticket?
I don’t have Apple Mail installed

You can start support ticket by clicking those two words.

1 Like