The first page of the DT3 User Manual should contain only these words

“You do not need to have Dropbox installed on your machine to use Dropbox Sync in DT3”.

This is a highly underrated feature and I wonder how many casual users know this. It took me two years to find this golden nugget. :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha! The suggestion is noted. :wink:

Yeah! I have a basic Dropbox account and sync my global inbox between two MacBooks, iPad and iPhone.

Welcome @sardonicfireplace :slight_smile:

Do you not run the Dropbox application on your devices?

Not all of them.

At work we use Box with unlimited storage, but if I’ve read everything right, I can’t use that with DEVONthink.

I use a separate AppleID between my work computer and personal devices. So I’m going to do Bonjour between my work and personal MacBooks but I wanted something easy to just take a picture with my phone and get it on my work computer. So I set up Dropbox on all of the devices with my Global Inbox. Seems that the 3 device limit doesn’t count towards this method. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

could you please be more “step by step”? TIA

“So I set up Dropbox on all of the devices with my Global Inbox. Seems that the 3 device limit doesn’t count towards this method…”

FYI, see page 66 of the outstanding “DEVONthink Manual” (V 3.8.6) for a step-by-step for setting up Dropbox sync.

2 Likes