Timing of DTTG syncs

Quick question about the timing of DTTG syncs.

I have a DT database synced between my desktop and my iPhone, and syncing in DTTG is set to automatic. So if I edit a document on DTTG, and click Done, does that document get synced immediately?

No - not in DEVONthink To Go nor on the Mac.

Sync runs on an interval. When set to Automatic, it will sync…

• Approximately 30-45 seconds after changes are made. If no further changes are detected it will attempt to sync.
  • After approximately four and a half minutes of idle time, sync will check to see if there is any new data to sync.

(Though @cgrunenberg may correct me on the numbers, if some timing has changed.)

And yes, this behavior is intentional as constant polling is not as performant. Also, in the normal course of working people don’t have time to sit and watch for things to sync. Even with the interval you come to find it just generally works as expected.

Is this while the document is still open in DTTG, or only after I close it (click on “Done”, and am back in the list view).

So if I want to make sure a change gets synced as fast as possible, I should click on the cloud button to force a sync, correct?

Is this while the document is still open in DTTG, or only after I close it (click on “Done”, and am back in the list view).

Clicking Done would explicitly commit the save, so yes, I’d suggest that.

And if you wanted a sync “as fast as possible” - bearing in mind that’s a relative thing - yes, you can manually sync as needed.

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem.