Tool for creating HTML tables?

I moved my notes from Evernote to DEVONthink, and I am not looking back. Except one feature: In Evernote I could create tables easily, add columns or rows and create overviews. I can do that in Microsoft Word as well, but I am trying to stick to markdown, rich techt and html formats in DEVONthink.

Does anybody know a tool for creating html / formated notes that allows easily creating and modifying tables?

1 Like

DEVONthink supports this only in case of rich text documents.

For markdown tables you could try TableFlip.

1 Like

I would advise against HTML tables unless you really need them for a website. They’re a pain if you need to extract the data.
It’s possible to create something like CSV files in DT3 by scripting. And those files should be really transformed into HTML.

2 Likes

And you can also hand-code tables in Markdown too.

There are many tools that allow creating markdown tables. Typora and Emacs with markdown-mode are very capable.

I was rather wondering if there is a tool that creates tables that grow dynamically and can hold both text and images (like Evernote’s tables). Whenever I did tables for comparing things I’d create Evernote tables, collect small screenshots for product comparisons for instance. Not even MS Word is able to offer this (dynamically growing table cells).

1 Like

@suavito’s suggestion of TableFlip may work.