topic map

has the topic map (visualizer) feature gone away in 3.0? I can’t seem to find it in the public beta.

Just select the “Digest” tab of search windows and afterwards a topic in the list to the left. A map should be displayed in the upper right pane afterwards. Like this one: devon-technologies.com/scrip … e-at-work/

I may have missed this, but playing with the topic map today in the 3.0 Beta, I was wondering if there will be an ability to move the topic link bubbles around (a little like a mind map)? For instance, I wanted to move a series of bubbles around so that Play, Played, and Plays bubbles were all adjacent to one another to make the map a little clearer.

I hope my question makes sense!

Thanks for the suggestion, there are no such plans for version 3.0 but it might be part of a future release.

Maybe an OPML export for the topic map?

Thanks for the suggestion! But as OPML is a quite limited format, what kind of usage scenario do you have in mind?

Likely the ability to pass it through OmniOutliner into OmniGraffle? Or directly into OG and other mindmapping programs? Or maybe just to use the maps as starting points for outlines.

It would be a cool feature, as setting up a mindmap from scratch is the most time consuming part, and expanding and rearranging the fun part… :mrgreen:

Take a look at the Pathway wikipedia browser to see the fun automated searching/mapping can provide. (It’s sort of buggy, not really a prime time research tool, but still a very cool toy.) DAPro could evolve to provide similar functionality but over its many databases and search enginges. :open_mouth:

Thanks for the usage scenarios! The next release will include the possibility to export the map as an OPML file. Just send me an email if you’re interested in a beta or an example file.