transfer to older DtPO for travel with non-Intel Mac

The recent thread “Need DTP for Travel” ([url]Need DTP for Travel]) has useful comments about being careful about synchronizing and preserving integrity of databases.

I’m starting a new thread because my situation is complicated by the fact that the two databases I want to consult during a trip are managed by DtPO 2.3.5 on an Intel iMac but I will be traveling with an iBook G4 running OS X 10.5.8. Access to these databases will not be crucial. Before I request a link to download an older version of DtPO, I would like to understand what might be involved.

a) each database has fewer than 200 items, all items are imported or created as internal notes, no item is indexed from an external folder

b) read-only access is sufficient during travel. I will use Opal or Twig for notes of discussions and outlines of draft documents. If I choose to import new stuff while away from home, those items will go into a new database.

c) If there is not a simple mechanism to downgrade a DtP database, then File : Export : Files and Folders… will probably suffice.

I have an iBook G4 and an iMac G5 with Mac OS 10.5.8 and an Intel MB Pro with Mac OS 10.6.8. On all the machines I’m using DT Pro 2.3.5. I would think there is no need to download an older version of DT.

Thanks, Ursula.

Both DEVONthink Pro Office 2.3.5 and DEVONagent Pro 3.2 are now running on my iBook G4 with OS X 10.5.8. Standard procedure for transfer of databases was successful.

In hindsight, I over-reacted to Activity Monitor on my desktop iMac showing DtPO running as an Intel program and Da as Intel (64 bit). Before posting, I should have considered the possibility that both were distributed as a universal binary runnable on either an Intel or PowerPC cpu (with OS X 10.5 or later).