triggered scripts not running

My triggered script that I attached to the inbox (not the global inbox) used to work just fine. Now for some reason I can’t get it to work as a triggered script. It works fine if you run it from Script Debugger (without the ‘On triggered’ wrapper of course). Does anyone know what kind of stupid thing I might have done to affect this? The script is very simple…

on triggered(theRecord)
	tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
		try
			set thisSelection to the children of the current group
			set theTag to year of (current date) as string
			repeat with theRecord in thisSelection
				set tags of theRecord to tags of theRecord & theTag
			end repeat
		end try
	end tell
end triggered

Any insight is appreciated. By the way, I tried reinstalling DTPO but it didn’t help.
By the way, all it does is add the current year (such as 2013) to the tags of the records in the group.

Works fine over here on DTPO 2.7.1 – attached the script to the Inbox of a test database in Tools > Show Info… > Script

Groups with triggered scripts need to be explicitly selected (clicked) else the script is not triggered. I’m sure you know this, but I find it easy to forget.

Is the database healthy? Try Verify and Repair recently? Try the script on some other group? Perhaps make a test database and try it there?

Stupid me…I found it. The script had originally been named ‘Append Year.scpt’. At some point I renamed it to ‘Append Year(trig).scpt
Needless to say, the parentheses weren’t welcome!. I simply changed the name to ‘Append Year_trig.scpt’ and the world is spinning again. :blush: