trouble with vertical split view

I have DT Personal, and have been using it for at least a year for all my work as a science journalist … only recently I’ve been noticing that sometimes when I’m in vertical split view and editing a document, then I click on a different rich text file in the file list pane, the main pane doesn’t update to show the second document’s contents – the first document’s contents are still visible – even though the file list pane now shows the second document as highlighted. What’s worse, this seems to lock up that window … clicking on any other document in the file list pane does nothing … the highlighting doesn’t change, and the main content view remains stuck on the content of the first document. The only way out is to quit DT, which seems to work fine with no data corruption, and upon restart the program works fine (at least until the same problem strikes again!) … it’s mostly just a hassle, but it makes me worry a bit since, as I say, my entire career is stored in DT. Just wondering if this is a known issue, and if so when an update that fixes it might be expected.

Thanks,
–Patrick

That’s a known and very rare issue. Please check if anything has been logged to the system console (see /Applications/Utilities/Console.app) to verify that it’s the same issue.

If this should happen again, just close the window and open a new one (File > New Window) - it’s not necessary to quit DT.