Troubles with Bonjour Sync

I’ve always sync DT3 with DTTG iOS and iPadOS via iCloud Kit, but it’s unreliable.
I opened DTTG on iPad after a week I wasn’t using it there, and it took years before getting all the new files.

So I want to test Bonjour and see if it fits better to me, but…

• I’ve enabled Bonjour on my Mac and it gave me a port
  • then I went on iPhone and enabled Bonjour there…and I it appears I already had a Bonjour activated in the past (I didn’t remember) on another port, but I totally forgot the old password
  • so I’ve modified the port on my Mac in order to match the port on my iPhone, but nothing

Furthermore I get a strange messages on iPhone.

How do I “reset” all of these in order to add Bonjour from the start?
Or how do I solve it?

Thank you!

• then I went on iPhone and enabled Bonjour there…and I it appears I already had a Bonjour activated in the past (I didn’t remember) on another port, but I totally forgot the old password
  • so I’ve modified the port on my Mac in order to match the port on my iPhone, but nothing

Where did you see instructions to do this? This is not the correct procedure as noted in the documentation as well as here…

1 Like

Modifying the port was a test because there were 2 different ports between Mac and iPhone, so I’ve thought of different “Bonjour channels”.

I read that you have to leave the number of the port blank, but Mac (and later iPhone) assigned a number automatically.

But I’m under VPN, so I think Bonjour is a no way for me.

You have to decide which device will have Bonjour enabled. Only one. On that device, best to use default port and forget about it.

1 Like

If you can configure your VPN so that local devices can talk directly to each other (i.e. not through the VPN), Bonjour should work.

1 Like