Twitter exit, Mastodon here we come?

One of the options in Devonthink is a twitter feed. Since last friday twitter doesn’t accept third parties. Is it possible to add Mastodon feeds to Devonthink 3?

1 Like

Yes, there are many RSS feeds available for Mastodon:

3 Likes

Problem: I get errors:

To use the Mastodon web application, please enable JavaScript. Alternatively, try one of the native apps for Mastodon for your platform.

Do you have Java Script enabled at DEVONthink → Settings → Tab Web then under Web Content?

I don’t have interest in in Mastodon so I did not test, but perhaps you can?

There shouldn’t be any need to have JavaScript enabled to open an RSS feed. I’m not sure what OpenRSS is and haven’t tested it, but my understanding is that RSS feeds are enabled by default in Mastodon. You just add .rss to the end of any profile URL.

Sorry for linking to OpenRSS. I assumed it was just a collection of what’s available in Mastodon. Updated to a better source.

1 Like

It was allready enabled

1 Like

Using rss feed: jcmraats

jcmraats: “Testing mastodon and DevonThink 3” - Mastodon.nl

![Mastodon][1]

To use the Mastodon web application, please enable JavaScript. Alternatively, try one of the [native apps][2] for Mastodon for your platform.

[1]: [2]: Get an app for Mastodon - Mastodon

How are you subscribing to the feed in DEVONthink? ‘Data…New…Feed…’ and then pasting that RSS link in? Works perfectly for me. It adds an RSS subscription and I can see six posts in there.

1 Like