Two Bugs in Web Server

I believe I see two bugs in the Web Server

Bug 1:

I created this formatted note on my desktop:

But in the sever the colored middle line is missing:

Bug 2:

In the web server, If I keep the inspector open as I change selected documents in the web browser, the Comment and Label fields are not updated to reflect each new document that I select.

How to you use the web server edition? Do you install it on a server so hundreds of users can access it? I don’t get the utility of a standalone web server version.

I was hoping for a REST interface in DT 3, and would pay extra for that, so I could programmatically access my data from web services.

Thanks

I am the principal of a small consulting practice, reviewing large amounts of documents in order to prepare reports for my clients (who are mostly attorneys).

DT3 runs on my main home office Mac. No special computer needed - it runs on the same iMac I use for my regular work.

There are several uses for the web server in this situation:

(1) If I am out of town or otherwise away from my regular computers with DT3 installed, I can still access any needed document and either view it on the web or download it to whatever computer I am using

(2) My staff can upload new documents to the web server as well as notes or metadata/tags/labels to help me track due dates or other important tasks related to a given case. The staff do not need DT3 installed on their computers in order to do this.

(3) I have not done this yet, but I could set up client-specific databases so that clients can upload documents or review my completed report on the case or enter comments about the project. My clients do not need DT3 installed in order to do this.

I was hoping for a REST interface in DT 3, and would pay extra for that, so I could programmatically access my data from web services.

No, there is no REST API for DEVONthink.

Web sharing is covered in the built-in Help > Documentation > In & Out > Web Sharing.

Thanks for your cool reply.

DT Server seems pretty cool.

A REST Interface would be better, more programmable, for my uses, however.

@cgrunenberg - Any thoughts on these bugs?

We are looking into this issue and will provide a fix in the next update

1 Like