UID sted titles when using "Open in..."

I’m wondering why, when I use “Open in…” to open DTTG files in iBook, PDF Expert, etc., I get the UID rather than the title of the file. Can this be changed? Thanks!

Warren

At this point, this cannot be changed. The reason for using the UUID is to properly update a document that is sent to another app, then sent back to DEVONthink To Go after editing.

On the Mac, documents can be saved “in place”, so DEVONthink can read those changes. However, on iOS, a copy is created when sending a document to another app. When that same document is sent back, a new copy is created. In order to properly update the original, we need a way to associate the copy with the original. Using the UUID is the only name that is unique enough to properly associate the copy with the original.

We have considered some alternate means of achieving this for people who have no intentions of sending documents back to DEVONthink To Go, so this may change in the future.

Thanks. I understand, but am disappointed. Hope there’s a “fix” in the future.

One of the reasons for purchasing the iPad was to use it to review and mark up research studies and other academic content. Not having titles makes it makes it a lot less convenient.

Warren

Hi, Warren.

This (very) recent thread may interest you:

Bottom line, though the name is changed in the program you are doing your markup in, if you send it back to DTG the marked up file will have the old, non-UUID name. So at least you aren’t losing the file name completely.

Tom S.