Uneditable PDF and a mysterious icon

I have a PDF that DTTG3 won’t allow me to edit (the Edit item in the toolbar doesn’t appear) and it is flagged with a mysterious icon in the List View. An icon that is not defined in the user guide. (Yes, I checked.) Any ideas about what’s going with this file?

That icon is defined in the DEVONthink rather than the DEVONthink to go handbook (an omission, I guess), and denotates an item which has an annotation.

That shows there is an associated Annotation file, just as is shown in DEVONthink.

The cloud icon shows the file to not be downloaded. Is that the case? Your screencapture is cropped.

Hmm, it’s fully downloaded. I can read it – I just can’t Edit it.

In DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Contact Us to start a support ticket and attach the file for us to inspect. Thanks!

OK, I’ll submit a ticket.

By the way, in trying to find this icon in the DTTG manual, I noticed that the one indicated below needs to be updated to the current version.

To close this out for future seekers, the uneditable PDF was locked from editing by encryption applied by its creator. The Preview.app is able to show this info if you need to check it. Thanks to Jim for figuring this out.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome :slight_smile: