Uninstall DTG and remove all documents?

I have just had my iMac HDD replaced with an SSD and files restored by Migration Assistant. I had to reload the databases for DT3 from a separate backup as the restored ones would not open. This seems to have broken the sync setup between DT3 and DTG (on an iPad). If I re-establish this and try a sync I am worried that I will create duplicates of 17GB of files.

Is is best to delete DTG with all its data and then reinstall and reconfigure sync?

• Broken the sync in what way?
  • And what kind of sync are you referring to - there is more than one method?
  • Have you set up the sync location in DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync and enabled syncing the databases?
  • What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?

Is is best to delete DTG with all its data and then reinstall and reconfigure sync?

Deleting and reinstalling should not be used as an early troubleshooting method.

Syncing was set up for direct connection 0ver WiFi as both devices are on the same network. When I open up the DTG sync screen and choose “Locations” it shows “ard@andrews-imac” Local Network (offline), but DT3 is running on the iMac.

On chosing “edit” I then removed that location and added one of the same name which was shown below the cloud locations. That seems to have relinked the sync.

I have now enabled sync for the smallest database and that appears to have worked successfully. I will now try the other databases.

Thanks for your help.

No problem :slight_smile: