Update to Big Sur, EasyFind 5.0.2 not working

Hi Forum,

I recently upgraded to BigSur and as of yesterday, EasyFind crashed. I downloaded 5.0.2 and it opens fine but when I type in the search bar, it just spins around and does not locate the file. I am also looking administratively to see if there may be some preferences, etc that need to be updated or cleaned out.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. EasyFind works great otherwise, and always use it in place of Spotlight.
Thank you!

Welcome @Patchulee

What location are you trying to search?

Hello BlueFrog!

I am searching on a company server.

• What kind of search are you doing, e.g., Name search?
  • What kind of server are you trying to search?
  • How are you mounting the server?
  1. The search is performed by the file name.
  2. It is a volume server, format: AppleShare with a server address that we connect to.
  3. We connect to VPN, then Connect to Server, and select the server path. It then mounts to our desktop.

I have left the search going for one document. It has actually now pulled up the file and some related files but it is still searching and it has been over 1/2 hour!
This might be something on our end. Am still researching that as well.

A screenshot of the used settings would be useful.

If you are referring to EasyFind settings, I only search “.ai”. This has always been the case and have not experienced any issues before.

1. It is a volume server, format: AppleShare with a server address that we connect to.

So you’re mounted via afp://, as shown in the Finder’s Get Info pane for the volume on your desktop?

We connect to VPN, then Connect to Server, and select the server path. It then mounts to our desktop.

Performance over a VPN is not going to be as good as a volume on a local network, especially a hardwired connection.

Understood. I work from home so I must operate via VPN.

I located and deleted the “plist” file. EasyFind is now working great!
Thank you for your responses and input!

You’re welcome and thanks for the follow-up :slight_smile:

1 Like