Upgrade time nearing

Help !

I am considering the ‘slightly lower upgrade fee’ ( ending very soon ) from DT Personal to Pro for buyers of personal before Pro was available.

I purchased the Agent/ DT personal bundle and wondered what the deal was when Agent2 goes final and it’s upgrade fee time again.

Many thanks -

I can’t answer your question specifically, and have referred it to Eric.

DEVONagent 1.0 has been out for some time, with a number of free upgrades. A lot of development time and cost has gone into preparing DEVONagent 2.0, so an upgrade fee would be fair. And of course one could continue to use DEVONagent 1.x, probably for some time to come – but without the neat features of 2.0. :slight_smile:

So what you are saying is I will have to pay the bundle price for Devonthink and Agent and then again from an upgrade for Devonthink personal to Pro and then once more for Agent 2

Neither the price point for DEVONagent 2 is yet fixed nor the upgrade conditions. As we have always done in the past, there will be a fair upgrade offer for those who purchased DEVONagent within a reasonable timeframe.

But, yes, the bundle price today is valid for the DEVONagent of today and we could decide to charge for the upgrade. Updates (e.g. from 1.7 to 1.8) are generally free of charge as they have ever been with us. The same procedure will apply for DEVONthink 2, which will be released in 2006 (!).

Best,

Eric.