Upgrade to DTPro from DTPersonal and folder organization

Hello all,
Yesterday I upgraded from DTPersonal to DTPro and had a couple simple questions regarding the ~/library/Application Support folder.

After the upgrade, I have the following folders related to DT:
DEVONthink 2
DEVONthink Personal Sorter
DEVONthink Pro 2
DEVONthink Sorter

In addition to deleting the DEVONthink.app from Applications, I’ve deleted the DT Personal Sorter folder, as that is a leftover from DTPersonal.

Now, between the DEVONthink 2 and DEVONthink Pro 2 folders, there appear to be several duplicate items.

My database is in a folder titled Files.noindex in the old DEVONthink 2 folder. Can this be safely moved to the Pro 2 folder? How can I combine these two folders to avoid redundancies and unused, leftover files? The new DT Pro 2 folder is only 3.2 MB whereas the DT 2 folder is 7.25 GB.

Thank you for any assistance.

After launching DEVONthink Pro (Office) for the first time, it should automatically convert & open an existing DEVONthink Personal database into a new DEVONthink Pro database. The converted database “DEVONthink 2.dtBase2” can be found in the folder ~/Databases.

However, if you already used DEVONthink Pro before DEVONthink Personal or at the same time, then the database probably wasn’t converted. In that case you could export your data via File > Export > As Files & Folders… and import the exported stuff into a new DEVONthink Pro 2 database via File > Import > Files & Folders…

Thank you for your help with this.

There is a DEVONthink 2.dtBase2 database in the ~/Databases folder—and is is also 7.25GB, same size as the entirety of the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 2 folder. And File->Database Properties confirms that DEVONthink 2.dtBase2 is the current database. How should I proceed? Can I simply delete the DEVONthink 2 folder?

Yes.

Terrific. Thank you both for your help with this. Superb support for a superb program. :smiley:

You’re welcome and thanks for the kind words! :smiley: