Using graphics imported into DT in Latex docs

Hi all,

I am extensively using Latex and adding graphics to my documents. In order to do that you need to provide the system path of the graphics file (Item Link does not work) in the Latex document. When I want to use a graphics file which lives in DT, I can copy the path of any file using a one click Script, no problem there. But I guess that the path of an imported file can occasionally change in DT. I just don’t want to keep changing those paths in huge files like my dissertation if that is going to be the case.

The same problem occurs when I use the path of data files within the codes I write for statistics software like R.

I know I can always use indexing rather than importing and get rid of this problem but I don’t want to that, I would really like to import my files.

I was wondering if anyone here has a suggestion for this problem.

Cheers,

Ugur

As long as you don’t rename the file, don’t rename the database and don’t edit the graphics file, the path will remain the same.

But you could e.g. also store these graphics files in a folder (e.g. in the same directory as the database) and index this folder.

Thanks for the info Christian.

I am going to spend some more time to think about this.