Using Pages, LibreOffice as template document with %date%

Hello! I am starting to integrate DTPO into my consulting practice for managing documents and projects.

How does one get the %date% syntax (or any other related syntax command) to work in a LibreOffice (ODT) or Pages document when using them as templates? It works fine with RTFD template.

Thank you in advance for your time! :slight_smile:

The coding that DEVONthink is doing to replace the placeholders with current information (%date% for example) is for rich text and plain text, because DEVONthink has in-built editing capability for those text types. So, you could modify the template document inside a .dtTemplate package in ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex to use a RTF, RTFD, .text, .markdown, .html, or other plain text format, but not Pages or ODT. If you want to take on the challenge of scripting something, you could probably do the Pages template by creating a .templatescriptd template which also can substitute placeholders by using a custom script that is part of that type of template package. Pages is scriptable โ€“ so itโ€™s feasible but not simple to make your own automated template like this.

Or, just make a custom RTF template and then open the documents you make with that in Pages for editing.

Hey There Korm! Thanks so much for the reply. I was afraid this was the case :frowning: Bummer. I prefer to use LibreOffice because I can create custom forms with check boxes, etc. Cโ€™est la vie. I will modify things to use RTF. Thanks so much for your time. Have a happy Summer!

Smitty