Usually rainbow globe so I can't use the app

Hello, I’m new to DEVONthink.
After reading “take control of DEVONthink 3”, I start to use it.
But I find that it shows the rainbow globe frequently after I highlighting PDF. It’s I think maybe it’s because DEVONthink sync with DTTG on my iPad. (the iPad is turned on. sync locations are iCloud(CloudKit) and Local Network)
Database is small (just 400MB)
This is my setting:

MBP16 2019, DEVONthink 3.8.2, Monterey 12.3 beta 3.

I don’t know how to avoid the rainbow globe, because when it appears, I can’t use DEVONthink.

Obviously this could be related to using a beta version of macOS (so thank you for pointing out that you are using a beta OS). You could, of course, test your hypothesis by temporarily disabling sync (although I have not read of any other cases of app freeze when highlighting or in reaction to document editing and sync). Also, you can sample the process (launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select the beach-balling DEVONthink 3 in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process), and attach the result to a support ticket.

1 Like

I suspect the PDF, off the top of my head.

1. Download a copy of the DEVONthink manual from here: Extensions and Manuals and import it into DEVONthink.
  2. Try to highlight in it in DEVONthink. Do you see the same behavior?

Now I’m still learning DEVONthink functions so PDFs I read are downloaded from DEVONtechnologies | Handbooks and Extras

How large is the document (number of bytes & pages)?

This is the PDFs downloaded from DEVONtechnologies | Handbooks and Extras

How long is the app usually frozen? Saving this document requires approx. 1 second.

about 5-10 second

Please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select DEVONthink 3 in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process while (!) the app is frozen and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!

1 Like