UUID already in database

Devonthink Pro Server 3 and Devonthink to Go here…

It seems that Devonthink to Go is causing issues, or it’s iCloud. I’m unsure.

• Is the PDF coming into DEVONthink To Go via the Share extension in Safari?
    • If so, there may be two instances of the extension. Which do you use?
  • And is this consistently reproducible?
    • If so, please provide steps we can try to follow.

After numerous other issues (see Numerous issues (in party recurring, in part new?)) I am now having a double UUID issue:

I do scan the my incoming snail mail once, so no extension, snipplet or alike is used…

Which version of DEVONthink do you use and which action caused this message?

also, this issue still occurs - I am just mentioning it because they might have a common cause…?

The download never successfully finishes…

Those are pending files, i.e., the content isn’t downloaded (and in your case may not even be available in the sync data).

yes, I am aware that they are pending and the obvious meaning of it, but: I never deleted any of those files, so where are they and why are they there…?

Non of them seem to be particularly important, but I do have important data in those databases…

Currently, I regraded the NAS as the backup to my laptop (although the definition may be inaccurate), and my NAS is backed up to another NAS.

So, the question remains: Why are those file lost (if they are) or where are they in case they’re not?

This is really worrying…

any suggestion on the double UUID issue yet?

DEVONthink is clearly detecting the presence of a file with the same UUID in the destination database.

See this…

PS: Check your PM’s.

ok, apparently there are two copies that have the same UUID present… still interesting to know where they came from?
The saying is that the biggest software problem is in front of the computer, but what happened most likely?

Other than that only the last question remains about the whereabout of the non-downloadable files… and where do I find my PMs (I guess that means personal message?)?

but what happened most likely?

This is difficult to tell as it is not reproducible at will, except with emails being imported.

I do scan the my incoming snail mail once

Is there a URL associated with the scanned file, as shown in the Tools > Info inspector?

the last question remains about the whereabout of the non-downloadable files…

• Are the files shown as present in the database on the other machine?

• Are they indexed (though I’m guessing No)?

and where do I find my PMs (I guess that means personal message?)?

Yes. You already responded to mine :slight_smile:

I was suprised and happy to learn that the latest update is supposed to offer an UUID issue workaround… unfortunately, it doesn’t quite seem to work…? (at least for me, but then again my DT3 instance seems pretty buggy anyhow)…

PastedGraphic-1.png

Note the release notes specify: the same UUID, type, and size, as would be the case with emails.

I see… to bad… would be apparently handsome for either file types as well :wink:

Hello there

I have been experiencing this issue for a few days now.

• 3 instances (MacOS, iPad and iPhone).
  • DT 3.0.4 and DTTG 2.7.6
  • Using DT on Mac to sort out the Global Inbox with PDFs, images and texts (no email) going to several other DT databases. Before: 58 docs, after 32 left in the global inbox.
  • Waiting for iCloud sync of all these databases to occur. This already seems unreliable (even when I press sync, sync doesn’t trigger immediately). Waiting for a few minutes before I can see the sync progress at bottom left of the DT window.
  • After some more minutes, when I open DTTG on iPad, and request a sync, the global inbox still shows 58 documents, including those that were moved to other databases.
  • Still on DTTG, I go to the other databases and the documents are in their new location, which means they are now duplicates.
  • Back to the Mac, I open DT which syncs and boom, 58 documents again in the global inbox! And of course, duplicates are there in their destination.
  • On DT when I try to move again the documents from global inbox to their destination, where a copy already is, DT displays “UUID already in database”. So it’s clearly the same document.

I don’t know how things go that messed up. My setup has not changed for years (except for moving from DTPO 2 to DTP 3 couple of months back) and I never encountered these issues. I’ll still try and give it a few test shots but it feels unreliable and I don’t think this is how it should work.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

You could try cleaning the sync location and syncing afresh.
In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync, right-click the iCloud sync location and choose Clean Location. After the clean is rpeorted successfully in Wndow > Log, enable the databases to sync again.

Thanks for this Jim, I’ll give it a try.

Regards
Fritz

You’re welcome :slight_smile: