I have a strange problem occurring in the last 2months when moving records from the Global Inbox to other databases. I move them via drag and drop (on macOS) and the records get moved, but seem to reappear later again in the Global Inbox.
When I then try to move them again from the Global Inbox (because I assume I haven’t moved them yet) I get the log window error “UUID already in database”. I am able to delete the records in the Global Inbox and then everything is as I want it to, but this isn’t ideal, of course.
Why do the items not get deleted on the drag-and drop move in the first place?
I have the suspicion this happens because of issues with the syncing from iOS, but I am not sure. Quite a few (but I don’t think all) of the troublesome records were initially created in the Global Inbox on one of my iPads .
DEVONthink support suggested database repair and I did that, but the problem still happens quite a lot. Just in case, here my DEVONthink setup/environment:
- 2 Macs with DEVONthink Pro, 3 iOS devices with DTTG
- 4 specific databases, 1 Global Inbox
- All databases synced via box.com (2 different sync stores)
- Record types are mainly markdown files and webarchives
- Records are mainly stored in-database, but some reference records are linked from the file system. (The records giving me trouble are all in-database.)
Does anybody else has similar problems. And does anybody has an idea how to fix this?