Video content only?

Hi there,

Is there a way to search specifically (and only) for video content in DA, filtering out everything else? If so, how? I can’t think of a way to do so. But then again, I’m still learning all of its capabilities. :slight_smile:

Use a Smart Group.
Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.21.12 PM.png

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick response.

Can one create Smart Groups in DevonAgent Pro? It appears that the image that you included was for DevonThink.

Jeff

You could use the video scanner, see Options tab of search window or Window > Search Sets > General. The default search set “Web (Movies)” uses this scanner.

Hi Christian,

I tried this yesterday, but didn’t get any hits at all. However, when I selected Images & Video → YouTube, I got several hits. But these were limited to just YouTube, and I’d like to search all video sources or filter by “Type:video” (or something like that). Any other suggestions?

Thanks, and best regards.

The Web (Movies) search set just filters pages not containing videos but doesn’t query dedicated video sources, therefore the results depend more or less on the query.

But the only possibility to search more video sources would be to create additional search plugins on your own or to create your own search set.