View Finder Comments by mouse hovering?

Hi!
Is it possible to make DT3 show Finder Comments (or any other fields) of an item when I mouse over it or its speech balloon icon on the list?
I frequently write down comments on my items when I need to add some additional information, and I thought it would be handy if I could see the comments without opening items or inspectors, but I’m not sure if there’s an option for this.

No. The majority of people who commented on the tooltips for files wanted the tooltips removed. This may return if there was enough interest, but that’s the current state of things.

PS: In the item list of a main window, you can show a Finder Comment column.

I’m embarrassed to ask this, but should what I type into Finder Comments show up when I do a get info on the file in the Finder? It isn’t. Also, what I type into the Finder’s comment box in the Get Info pane doesn’t show up in DEVONthink’s Finder Comments. What am I missing here? TIA

In case of indexed items it should be synchronized in both directions.

Thank you. I thought I’d seen them before, that explains it.

@BLUEFROG
Thanks for the clarification!

I too write some important comments on files. Before we had this option—to show comments while hovering.

Would be nice to have it back. YES I know some don’t like it, I too wouldn’t like it if my comment is 4 paragraphs long.

Having an option to enable or disable (show commets) would be ideally.

Thank you.

2 Likes