Web archive needs login?

When I capture a web page as Web archives and open it in the DTP, it requires login in some case (or some websites) and then jump to the main page. How can i solve this problem? I mean, can I just capture an offline version of the page?

There is no singular answer to this as it depends on the site. The best option would be to open the page in DEVONthink and try to capture it there. But again, there’s no guarantee it will work.

to make it clear:

1. capture the page in safari
  2. open it in DTP
  3. login
  4. re-capture it in the DTP

is that right?

1. Copy the URL from the address bar in Safari.
  2. In DEVONthink, press Command-N to create a new Bookmark from the clipboard data.
  3. Select the Bookmark, log in, and try to capture the page.

Thanks, I will try it.

It works so far… however, it is a little complex, could it be completed by a script or something automatically?

Something that has helped me previously with this sort of webpage – select the text you want to capture. Then go to Safari > Services > Devonthink Pro - capture as web archive.
You might need to go to your System preferences > keyboard > Shortcuts > Services. Make sure this service is checked so it is available in your services menu. The files are quite small and specifically what you wanted so that’s a plus. And it usually works.

Thank you for your help. The situation is, usually I want to save the whole page, so I have to scroll down if the paragraph is very long… maybe I should try COMMAND-A to select all then the service menu…