What is "Indexing geolocations"

The activity window is showing “indexing geolocations” but it seems stuck on the same item or group for at least the 30 minutes it’s taken me to finish this post under siege from a million distractions.
What exactly is happening here and can I stop this process? The group that it’s “indexing” has some sub-groups (empty, waiting for emails and PDFs) and one PNG of a iPhone screengrab in it.

I think it’s also stopping Dropbox syncing from happening.

EDIT
There was an ‘x’ to stop the process but when I clicked it, it dissapeared and the task keeps going

Information for the geolocation of imported/created items is retrieved & indexed, e.g. country, city, street etc. Is DEVONthink allowed to use geolocations (see System Preferences > Security & Privacy) and is your computer online?

If by geolocations you mean Locations Services, then yes DevonThink is allowed.
The computer was online that whole time, I was posting this question and doing all manner of online activities. I tried to quit Devonthink and it put a Sync task (dropbox and bonjour, as server, are enabled on the laptop) after the Indexing geolocations task but never got to it. I command-q’ed a second time and it quit properly. When restarted DT there was nothing in the Activity queue and I was able to sync.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!