What is the fastest way to move scans made by iPhone into Devonthink?

Thanks @JanSalomonsson . I’m working towards some kind of similar workflow with Scanner Pro and Dropbox. Do you have a different Dropbox-folder for each database, or how do you make it work? I would also be interested, for inspiration & seeing from good practice, to learn which smart groups & smart rules you have been operating on these indexed Dropbox-folders in DT. If it’s possible to share, that would be great…

I too use Swiftscan, which goes to a dropbox like server I have (Seafile via WebDAV), which is synched onto my macbook. From there, I can run the OCR using my dockerized version of Abbyy, or might just do it using DTP.

1 Like

So I have three sets of Financial records (business, family, personal). I have a button for receipt, bill etc for each category set up in scanner pro. The actions there are mapped to individual folders, in which hazel tags stuff then sends on to the right group in dt. Smartgroups watching that group by tag sort them into pay, enter in budget tracker, enter into bookkeeping (for business). I move them on with keyboard maestro commands that simply retag them (bill to paid etc) to feed the next stage of their lifecycle. I used to do automated naming but I have yet to find a setup that doesn’t require too much maintenance to be worthwhile, so I simply prefix the file name by due or transaction date and then add a descriptive name - I do this in scanner pro.

Make sense? Ask more specific questions if you want.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ve been doing this for some time now, I do a scan from my app and directly share it into Devonthink. There should be an option for this on the “share sheet” on your phone.