Where is "Save as PDF to DevonThink..." print workflow?

I recently upgraded from DT2 to DT3. With DT2 I had a “Save as PDF to DEVONthink Pro…" that would allow me to specify the destination and assign keywords. I can’t figure out how to get this back with DT3.

I did enable Full Disk Access and reinstalled PDF Services. Here is what my print to pdf menu offers. I’ve tried both DT options on the list:

You need to set Preferences > Import > Destination to Select group.

From help Help > Documentation > Preferences > Import:

DESTINATION

Choose the default destination where incoming data is stored.

• Select group: A group selector is shown that lets you choose the destination. The group selector appears as a black panel floating on top of all other windows. Use it to select the group where you want to file the items.

• Global inbox: The data is stored in the global inbox.

PS It’s a good idea to look at DEVONthink 3 as a completely new app which means you should read the help.

You could use this script to index a duplicate of DEVONthink’s help. Searching an app’s help content from inside DEVONthink is far easier than searching inside the macOS help viewer (at least for me).

Thank you. That helped. I have one unresolved issue, however. When I use this workflow, it imports into DevonThink with the title of “unnamed document” instead of automatically parsing the title. How can I get that functionality back?

Thanks also for the script. I’m adding that now.

1 Like

When I use this workflow, it imports into DevonThink with the title of “unnamed document” instead of automatically parsing the title. How can I get that functionality back?

Are you printing to PDF from Safari’s Reader View?
If so, this should be fixed in the next release.

1 Like

Yes. Thanks for letting me know

You’re welcome.
Cheers!

Doh! Print to PDF in Devonthink - it’s been there in plain sight all this time and I never saw it!

2 Likes

@BLUEFROG Is there a difference in these two DEVONthink 3 options in the print services menu? I’ve not noticed one

Putting an article in Safari reader mode and then using this command is my favorite!! Clean import without ads and it retains all the hyperlinks. I even used Better Touch Tool to write a tiny script that does it all in the touch of one button from my MBP Touch Bar.

Very cool ! :slight_smile:

1 Like