Where must I install the Workflows folder?

There is one coming with DA2, but I don’t know where to put them…

I am sure this is a bloody beginner’s question, but anyway :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Christian

Hi, Christian:

The workflows are Automator building blocks for setting up automated procedures. Some of the workflows require modification before use, e.g., setting paths appropriate for your computer. Using the workflows requires development of some familiarity with Automator. At that point, you will know where to place your finished product. :slight_smile:

I keep the contents of the download disk image (including the application itself) in a “DEVONagent Folder” in my Applications folder, so that I’ll know where to find them when I’m ready to use them.

I definitely remain in the beginner class for Automator procedures. :slight_smile:

I am using the DA beta and trying to use a workflow that was included with DTP. Can you please confirm that the scripting steps in the old DA are behaving the same with the beta? The script to convert URLs to WebArchives is not working but I am not sure if it is a DA or DTP issue. Thanks,

David

First of all the Workflows folder’s contents can be dropped in ~/Library/Workflows (`~’ is Unix speak and refers to your home folder). That way they will show up in Automator in “My workflows”.

Now that DA has its own set of actions, you don’t need the action with the AppleScript in it anymore. You can replace this with the following steps:

[DA - Display Webpages]
[DA - Export Webpage]

This will be changed in the DT Pro distribution once we are officially shipping DA.

Thanks for the confirmation and the tip about the workflows location. I am surprised that the interface to Automator doesn’t work like Address Book or iTunes where you can an item drag into the collection/group. I tried to do that for MyWorkflows and got nowhere. I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong.

David