Which PDF apps are confirmed working with "open-in-place"?

Apologies for resurrecting – but still no joy with Goodreader.

Using Goodreader is one of my cornerstone apps, as it remains one of the very few annotating apps (if not only?) that allows quick switching between numerous (+7) highlighting colours.
Any progress on this, or must I follow-up with the Goodreader people?

In the interim – is the “fix” to rather copy into Goodreader, annotate, copy back – and then delete the initial (un-annotated) original?

Would appreciate any suggestions!

1 Like

You’d have to check with the GoodReader people. (I don’t think any of us have it in here.)

Thanks Jim. Will do – it was this part, that had me ask:

1 Like

No worries and I hope my response didn’t feel brusque or snarky. :confused:

1 Like

So opening PDFs for editing in GoodReader still doesn’t work despite our changes a while ago, so I read this correctly? We don’t know if the Problem is on our side or GoodReader’s, but are eager to fix it if it’s on our side.

@eboehnisch The same is unfortunately also true for PDF Expert. Opening works, but changes are not synced back to DevonThink, unlike when using e.g. the Highlights app.

1 Like

This is a known issue and Readdle confirmed it’s an issue on their side. They might work on it eventually.

2 Likes

I tested this today and want to report something I noticed:
Goodreader now actually does sync back the changes made to DTTG! I believe this was not the case when I checked last time some months ago. However, after a while there is the same error message that the file was edited outside of Goodreader and needs to be reopened.

2 Likes