Why I can't modify the file's properies?

This has been discussed many times and is also covered in the Inspectors > Info pane > Properties section of the built-in Help and manual

According to your guide (Depending on the document type, you may be able to edit or view these properties. More fields may be available depending on the document type.), this means that I am currently unable to modify information such as the author of a PDF file, because the file format is PDF, and therefore cannot be modified.
However, in another DEVONthink database of mine, which also contains PDF files (also all in the same searchable PDF file format, i.e., PDF+text), I am able to modify the author information of these PDF files.

Therefore, I suspect that DEVONthink may have locked the database containing the previous PDF, preventing modifications. This situation was not mentioned in the previous guide, which is why I posted it on the forum. I hope for some guidance on this, thank you.

Is the preview pane visible? However, some PDF documents that might get corrupted by macOS’ PDFkit framework are automatically marked as read-only.

Maybe,the conclusion is: the issue of being unable to modify the author and other property information of the file was due to “preview window”, which has nothing to do with the file type itself (in this case) but is related to whether a preview window option is selected.

When “None” is selected, the author and other property information of the file cannot be modified;
When “Standard” is selected, the author and other property information of the same file can be modified.

Honestly, this software setting is somewhat confusing.

Finally, thanks for both of your help.

You’re welcome and be aware that many times the inspectors’ content is relative to what’s shown (or not) in the view/edit pane.