Why is the forum so lame?

DT is a totally brilliant piece of software; indeed, among the best software I’ve seen for research writing in any platform. I’m so puzzled by this forum though. Why is it totally lame? I’ve often learned more about DT on the Scrivener forum!

Congratulations – you’ve just insulted many people who volunteer time and effort helping and contributing here. What a disrespectfully shallow remark to make even if that’s your opinion.

Please be our guest and enjoy the Scrivener forum.

However, please don’t cast any stones around here until you’re perfect yourself, and insulting the DT team, as well as many other contributors of scripts and handy tips, certainly does nothing to bring you any closer to perfection. AMF!

plonk

What means plonk?
:open_mouth:

slk: Do you want to handle this one? :stuck_out_tongue:

Presumably you mean sjk – no thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

:question: :unamused: :question:

OK.

First, Google is your friend.

Second, Urban Dictionary is also your friend: urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=plonk

See 2nd & 3rd definitions…

Thank you very much. My Dictionary is obsolete … :cry:

You’ve GOT to be kidding.

Since when did someone have to be perfect to make an observation? Perhaps I was a bit harsh and overstated myself. What I meant was that this is a lame forum, not that people aren’t helpful or that there aren’t good tips. Lame it is, and the response to this observation is a good case in point frankly. Perhaps the term ‘lame’ is not clear here. Let me clarify with some rough synonyms: humourless, uncool, crusty, defensive, old, not vibrant. I’m so sorry if that hurts your feelings. :open_mouth:

Well, for my own part, I come here to learn how to use DTP so I can get down to business-not be entertained. This place really is kind of a serious working forum because I think a lot of us need to just get stuff done ( which is why we own DT stuff), eh? If you can find better answers elsewhere and be entertained, then so be it…

I’ve noticed over the years that people are coming to expect every single forum to be an entertainment venue plus chock-full of engaging, knowledgeable people at their beckon call. I’ve found this attitude to be sort of alarming and can kill the original purpose of a forum sometimes.

Just my two bits…for what’s it worth.

Well, for my own part, I come here to learn how to use DTP so I can get down to business-not be entertained. This place really is kind of a serious working forum because I think a lot of us need to just get stuff done ( which is why we own DT stuff), eh? If you can find better answers elsewhere and be entertained, then so be it…

I’ve noticed over the years that people are coming to expect every single forum to be an entertainment venue plus chock-full of engaging, knowledgeable people at their beckon call. I’ve found this attitude to be sort of alarming and can kill the original purpose of a forum sometimes.

Just my two bits…for what’s it worth.