On DT3 for Mac I have some settings for WikiLinks. – Where are they on DTTG?
WikiLinks aren’t currently supported in DEVONthink To Go.
That explains why there’s no setting for it.
Indeed, the logical conclusion
Is that on the radar? I use wiki links all the time in other apps, and I’m trying to migrate all my notes into DT. I need to be able to use DTTG as a portable viewer (at the least) before I can fully switch, though. Here’s a silly example of how I’d like to use it:
- I’m at a restaurant. I have my wife’s favorite order in my notes.
- I open DTTG and tap on my favorited “Orders Index” note.
- In that note, I see a list of restaurants where I’ve written down past orders.
- I tap on the restaurant I’m in and see my wife’s preferences.
- I order, take it home, and am the hero for getting the meal just right.
I actually do exactly this in another app today, and that list of restaurants is a bunch of wiki links to their individual pages. I know I could rewrite all those notes to use regular Markdown links instead, but I have literally thousands of notes to go through. And besides that, I love using wiki links and would prefer not to switch to the other different syntax.
It’d be great if DTTG eventually supported writing wiki links as well as the Mac app does. However, it would be tremendously helpful for my purposes even if it only supported rendering the links so I can tap them on the go.
Yes, WikiLinks are on the radar. Even high on the radar. But they are also a technical challenge and there’s so much more on the table too. But, yes, not forgotten
I can live with that. Thanks!