X-devonthink-item links in "external" markdown files

Hi folks, I use vscode to edit and preview my markdown files. I would like to add links to items in my devonthink database. Can anyone tell me how to do this so that I can click on the link in the vscode preview and have it open the devonthink database item?

Some additional information, when I preview the markdown I get an error:

Unable to read file ‘/Users/rhaynes/Dropbox/Dendron/RDHWorkspace/vault/x-devonthink-item:/47C14D8A-D6D2-408E-9EC3-4B874F215299’ (Error: Unable to resolve non-existing file ‘/Users/rhaynes/Dropbox/Dendron/RDHWorkspace/vault/x-devonthink-item:/47C14D8A-D6D2-408E-9EC3-4B874F215299’).

It seems to think that the x-devonthink-item:/ etc is a local file rather than opening the application.

Best,
R Haynes

Assuming that the syntax of the Markdown file is correct (a screenshot would be nice), then VSCode doesn’t seem to recognize third-party URL handlers.

@rhaynes74
The item link shown is incorrect. It should be prefixed with x-devonthink-item://. You are showing only one forward slash.

That seems to be the case.

DEVONthink and Tinderbox links won’t open, a http link works.

The error message strips off one of the /, two // in the markdown file.

Understood.

PS: Brackets.io handles DEVONthink’s item links with no issue. It also has a Markdown preview extension.