Zooming in and out of images

Having imported a whole Notebook from Evernote, I’ve noticed that some notes behave differently in DevonThink.

For instance, if a rich text note has an embedded image - like a .jpeg - and I open the note in DTTG, I cannot use two fingers to pinch the image zoom in or out (as I can in Evernote). However, if the note is not rich text, but was originally created just by dragging a jpeg into a group, then I can pinch-zoom.

Is this the way it should be working? Or is there some way I can pinch-zoom a rich text note in DTTG?

It is currently not possible to zoom into a document formats.

but was originally created just by dragging a jpeg into a group, then I can pinch-zoom.

That’s because it’s an image, not a document.

Do you know when that feature will be available?
It does seem a bit strange that I can zoom a PDF file but not an RTF file in my DTTG library.

It does seem a bit strange that I can zoom a PDF file but not an RTF file in my DTTG library.

I’m not sure why that would be strange. An RTF file is not an image or a PDF. It’s a text-based document.

The next major version of DEVONthink To Go will be focusing on the text editors, but no I can’t give you a timeframe on development.

1 Like

Right, thanks for your reply.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: