Big Sur, Yes; Apple Mail Plugin, No

Rather than risk getting lost in an earlier, similar thread please indulge this new one. I’m trying to archive email and here’s my situation:

(1) Was using most recent version DT3 on an older Mac Pro (and was able to easily archive emails)
(2) Now using a Mac Mini silicon and DT3 has been updated accordingly.
(3) When I first went to Mail/Preferences/General I did not see any mention of plugins
(4) I then inserted this text – sudo defaults write “/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail” EnableBundles 1-- into Terminal (assuming I did it correctly)
(5) Opened up Mail again, but still no option to manage plugins
(6) In DT3/Install add-Ons I can see Apple Mail Plugin but its greyed out (as are ABBYY and Global Inbox).
(7) I have installed browser extensions, PDF Services, Additional Scripts.

Any suggestions to get this fixed? Thanks in advance, of course.

1. Quit Mail.
  2. Quit DEVONthink 3.
  3. Enable Full disk access and all Automation requests for DEVONthink 3 in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
  4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library.
  5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle.
  6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons.
  7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins.
1 Like

And that, Bluefrog, is why the pay you in bitcoin and gold bars :slight_smile:

One other question: I will be using an appropriate scanner, but I noticed that the AABBY is still greyed out (again, I have a perfectly fine Fujitsu that won’t work w/Big Sur). Thanks!

Here’s a recent photo…

external-content.duckduckgo

Gold bars were too hard to swim through and bitcoin you can’t swim in at all! :roll_eyes:
:stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed that the AABBY is still greyed out

Does the button to the left read Installed?

1 Like

Haha … I guess you’re drowning in money!

Ah, yes, it does say installed. Thanks!

:wink:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

My guess is that the order of operations is important somehow. I’ve experienced a similar situation with a brand new setup, but as I recall, macOS never asked for full disk access.

I managed to get things going, but perhaps the DT UI might be redesigned in such a way users are guided through the appropriate steps. That way DT can get feedback from the user whether all steps were taking correctly, as I understand macOS does not allow third party software like DT to request the status of certain settings like full disk access.

I’ve written out what happened and my suggestion here:

But of course, if an IMAP connection is integrated some day (who knows), all of this will likely be much easier :smiley:

Hi, My Mac Mail integration just stopped working after a recent OS update.
I followed the above instructions and I get the following when trying to enable the Mac Mail Plugin

Any suggestions?