Biometric lock not working

Hi!

It seems the biometric app lock is not working for me. When I add a passcode (but turn off biometrics) it’s working just fine, but as soon as I turn on biometrics, the app just opens without any check. I’ve tested this by setting the time to ‘immediately’ and can consistently reproduce this.

I’m on an iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 16 if that’s of any use. I just started using DTTG, so I can’t compare it to a prior situation.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I can’t confirm that here (several devices on iOS 16, but I don’t have an SE available). In Settings in DTTG, are you seeing SECURITY Passcode, Biometric > in the top line? And then in the Security settings, both Use Passcode and Use Face ID are turned on?

If all those things apply, have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Hi Blanc!

Thanks! And thanks for your quick reply!

After messing around with the toggles a bit, it worked. However, after changing the length to 1 minute, it stopped working again. Then I read Face ID is not working correctly and I guess I’m understanding it wrong. Apparently DTTG also unlocks when touchID was used somewhere else less than the set time ago? That’s actually a pretty neat solution (it’s just different from how other apps work, hence the confusion). Just to make sure: this only happens when biometrics was used in the past x minutes, not when the device is unlocked using the pin, right?

1 Like

Apparently DTTG also unlocks when touchID was used somewhere else less than the set time ago?

That’s correct. There’s a threshold after the last biometric unlock before DEVONthink To Go itself asks for it again.

1 Like

Ok I didn’t know that was technically possible. That’s pretty awesome. Thanks!