"Clip to Devonthink" and Chrome bookmarklet problems

Hello, I am using Chrome and have installed the “Clip to DEVONthink” bookmarklet and the extension, as well as other bookmarklets. The problem is that every time I try to save any webpage into Devonthink, it always saves it as a “bookmark” even if I select “Web Archive” or “PDF”… no matter what I select, it saves it as a bookmark, which is frustrating, because I need to archive these pages.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

I’m using:
Devonthink Pro 2.5.2
Chrome version 27.0.1453.81

Thank you!

If the extension runs into an error it will do this as a fallback. Try logging out or rebooting your machine.

Thank you – I reinstalled the extension and restarted Chrome and Devonthink and it still didn’t work, but after I restarted my computer, it is now working – thank you!

No problem. Happy clipping! 8^)

I’ve tried a lot of different things to try to get the chrome bookmarklet to work as well as it did in v. 2: restart DT, restart Chrome and finally, restart system (I really don’t like doing the latter, as MacOS no longer tracks Spaces like it used to, and resetting every time is a pain.)

No joy. They keep producing bookmarks. They had mostly produced the PDFs I wanted, but stopped doing that reliably. Now, it’s pure bookmarks. This is the key to my DT workflow. I need a fix.

Question: What kinds of errors do these scripts run into? What’s different about DT3 or 10.15 that it no longer works reliably to produce PDFs?