Cloudme.com: Internal Server Error 500 on iOS, MacOS, iPadOS, but not with MacOS Finder

Cheers. I’m happy to vote with my feet but I was one of the unlucky people with unexplained syncing issues via Dropbox (great support from DT never resolved the issue for some reason). So all my Datababases sync without hitch via DB with the exception of my 45GB workhorse library which would unexplainably stop syncing without warning. So on advice of this forum I got to CM as an alternative. It’s always reliable unless this particular outage happens, more regular then I like it now.

I’m working my way to a single computing solution once funds allow (new MBP) and hope to get rid of all cloud syncing and rely on Bonjour only between laptop and iPad which will mostly be in the same place. Until then, I’ll cross my fingers that CM will reboot their servers soon.

1 Like

Our sync is also down today. The forums seem to have a large number of spam posts, so I think CloudMe is having some problems.

I also quit DB because of sync hanging without indication. CloudMe has even excellent for a few years - except for these increasingly regular “no-sync days”…

1 Like

Yes - your experience is mine exactly, it was good while it worked. The outage is lasting longer this time around I feel.

I’ve tried today to leave them a message on the forum but mere mortals can’t, apparently, post anything there. I even logged into my Twitter for the first time in a year but their Twitter feed accepts no messaging. I have to say I’m sorely tempted to leave as soon as I have an alternative since their complete anonymity and non-existent support doesn’t really deserve my monthly subs!

Did you get any resolution on this? Or find a way to contact and get a response from CloudMe tech support?

I’m still seeing this error; Timeout. (NSURLErrorDomain -1001)

Also tried contacting CloudMe but still no response…

Sadly no. I pulled all my syncstores (moves them to Dropbox in the mean time) after about 5 days of no resolution. I’ve not checked back yet to see if they’ve restored service but if you are still experiencing problems, perhaps not. If my Dropbox solution remains stable, I"ll be cancelling my subscription asap. Whatever problems they might be experiencing, the complete inability to contact support means I’m pretty much done with being a customer there!

3 Likes

That is bad news.

We have about 10 remote users all needing to sync on a regular and reliable basis, and I tried for so long with Dropbox and always ended up with issues. Had to “clean” and re-upload so many times it just became a nightmare.

CloudMe was a gift from the gods.

I don’t see many Dropbox sync posts on these forums, so maybe their sync is now much better?

You could also go for WebDAV, perhaps on a private NAS. Several people here have good experiences with this setup, including me.

I have no issue with Dropbox – never had. Perhaps try with one of your users and see.

Good to know. I’ll give it a try again.

I had the same Dropbox problem, switched to CloudMe, and then reconnected to my Dropbox account when CloudMe was down longer than usual (and hard to contact). The original sync problem w/ Dropbox seems to have gone away.

I should post the rest of this in the DTTG forum, but will mention here as it’s somewhat related… Now every time I open DTTG on my iPhone, Dropbox opens and asks me if I “allow” access. This never used to happen when I synced to Dropbox for many years. And it doesn’t happen on my iPad, so I guess it must be some permission setting that was inadvertently changed on my iPhone. I’ll poke around, but any suggestions would be appreciated! - Jim

Do you have more than one Dropbox account?

Nope, just the one.

• What operating system are you running?

• Does the behavior recur after rebooting the device?

Thanks Jim. I think it’s fixed now. There was a link from the error message to Dropbox (how to manage 3rd party apps). So I disconnected DevonThink from Dropbox, then “allowed” it when asked again. After rebooting all the devices, it looks like it’s working again.

Excellent! Thanks for the follow-up and I’m glad to hear it’s behaving now. :slight_smile:

Bummer, looks like I spoke too soon. All my devices continue to ask me to log into Dropbox now. Says it’s an API Request Authorization. I looked in Dropbox support docs, but they say to check with the 3rd party app support. I guess I could set up a new sync store on Dropbox – and delete the old one – but I have many databases on 4 devices, so I’d rather not have to take all that time. But otherwise, not sure what else to try at this point.

Do this…

1. Quit DEVONthink.
  2. Go to this URL: https://www.dropbox.com/account/connected_apps
  3. Click DEVONthink Sync and press the Disconnect button.
  4. Relaunch DEVONthink.
  5. Click on the sync location in DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync. It should open the authentication screen.
  6. Allow access and let the machine switch back to DEVONthink.
  7. Quit and relaunch DEVONthink and see if the behavior recurs.

This seemed to work for a while, but by the end of the day one of the devices (iPhone) started asking again for permission to connect to Dropbox and then gradually so did the other devices.

Thanks for the suggestion though… - Jim

FYI, we’re continuing the discussion of Dropbox asking for permission every time over on this thread

I have been using IceDrive (1TB lifetime account) to webdav sync my databases It’s been brilliant until today had some 500 server errors. Appears they are doing maintenance…this thread was more helpful than their webpage!