Customising Tag color in 3.0 behaves a bit strange and how to restore to default colour

(1) The customised tag color behave a bit strange when I’m trying to customise it’s color. Not sure if I have done something wrong unconsiously but I see the same behvaiour on another newly installed copy of 3.0 beta on my MacBook Pro.

(2) While there is no standard way to reset the color of the tag to its default color can DT’s collegaues provide the default Hex Color # of the tag for direct entry? I tried my best to match the default color visually but unsuccessful.

Actually I wouldn’t recommend this, e.g. depending on Light/Dark mode or in case of future revisions of the colors you would have to update the colors again. Better would be to create a new tag and move the items from the old one into the new one right now.

Thanks for the advise to (2). But is (1) a normal behaviour?

Yes, as the color panel immediately chooses a color. However, the next beta will include a possibility to clear colors.

If you’re referring to the Tag showing as black when you open the color well, you can easily select the magnifying glass and sample another color, like the color of the other Tags shown there.

Just tried the image method. Yes! It is very useful not only in restoring the default color but setting the color of other tags in case I have forgotten to save the customised color to the placeholder!

Thank you

You’re very welcome. It’s a pretty handy little tool! :slight_smile:

After further test:
This method is very handy for other purposes but not for this specific case. The color of the tag, after this method, looks identical to the other default tags in the main window’s view but the the colour is still different comparing to the default tags when being displayed in the tag bar and in inspector bar. So I guess create a new and identical tag is the only way (but perfectly acceptable) at the moment.

Do you know how to remove a customised Tag color?

the colour is still different comparing to the default tags when being displayed in the tag bar and in inspector bar.

The color is different in what way?

See Criss’ repsonse above…

However, the next beta will include a possibility to clear colors.

Just FYI (there is no urgency for answer/solution), I am more than happy to wait for the future update.
After changing back to default color, tags look alike in main windows

But not in tag bar or inspector bar

Ahh… I see now. Yeah, the next beta would allow resetting the tag color.

1 Like

Thank you for the DT3b2 update. The change/restore tag’s colour works smoothly.