Devonagent not saving search results into Devonthink Pro

Hi All,

I have created a number of automated searches in Devonagent that I’d like saved to specific folders in my global inbox. It runs the searches everyday but does not save them. I have a screenshot of my settings. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Badger

Have you enabled Full Disk Access for DEVONagent in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy?

Screenshots of the General and Advanced tabs might be useful.

Thanks for the idea, DEVONagent did not have full disk access but changing this has not resolved the problem.

1 Like

Here are the screenshots from General and Advanced

Thank you,

Tim

Only new pages are returned by the search set, does it actually return anything every day?

it hasn’t added anything new into Devonthink for any of my searches since May 2020.

Also, Devonthink does not let me delete any of the old Devonagent results saved to the Devonthink inbox.

But was anything found according the search window?

Is the inbox marked as read-only in the sidebar?

Devonagent has been finding new articles, but not saving them in Devonthink.

I don’t see in the sidebar where the inbox can be marked read-only

Which version/edition of DEVONthink do you use? Or are multiple instances of DEVONthink installed on your computer?

The icon is automatically shown in case of e.g. databases located on read-only volumes or not having write permissions.

You would see a crossed pencil icon to the right of the database’s name in DEVONthink.

I see the crossed pencil in grey, I did try some steps to make these read write. I found another forum discussion on this, but need not see a solution.

Make sure your local backups are current and do a File > Rebuild Database on it.

Just getting back to you, rebuild did work, but shortly after I got the crossed out pencil again. Not sure what made it recur. At least I know a rebuild does work when I need it.

Thanks

Badger

1 Like

Where is the database located - the file path on the machine?

Here is the file location

/Users/myfolders/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox.dtBase2/Files.noindex/webarchive/1/Taxonomy browser (Mauremys annamensis).webarchive

This is still an issue, its making devonagent a pointless application to have as I can’t delete junk webarchives

1 Like

I have a similar problem. My Global Inbox has the crossed-pencil symbol. I cant delete pages on the items in there, nor is scanning pages into DTP from ScanSnap Home working any more. The problem started several days ago. I’ve been using this workflow successfully for years.

Rebuilding the database does not help.

1 Like

Have you done updates to the machine, like upgrading to Big Sur?