DT not Syncing properly

I’ve got myself in a confusing mess.
I have DT on my 2012 MacBook Air, my 2011 MacBook Pro, and DTTG on my iPad.
As I’m getting to know DT, I’ve been using all 3, but lately working mostly on the Air.

Today, after a day’s work I discovered that DT from the Air wasn’t syncing to the iPad. (They use iCloud Cloudkit (no encryption keys)
DTTG was giving me a log report that .manifest files were missing.
After digging around on this site I followed these instructions:

And when that didn’t help, I followed these instructions:

So now I have reinstalled DDTG, made sure it’s “syncing” to iCloud, but it’s empty and doesn’t sync. The Sync [cloud] symbol is greyed out.

MEANWHILE, on my MacBook Pro, it’s got the unsync’d database (prior to the work I did today on the Air), and syncing doesn’t update it either.

So now I’m hopelessly confused. Help?

I feel like I need to start over.
I’m getting problem after problem in DT v3.7 on the MacBook Air:

• The log tells me .manifest is missing from “[DATABASE 2]”

• I go to >Preferences>Sync>Verify Database Quickly

• maybe I >Clean database (I forget)

• then I try to reimport database and get “Request failed with http status code 503”

• then I restart
    Then [DATABASE 2] seems ok but

• The log tells me .manifest is missing from “[DATABASE 1]”

• I go to >Preferences>Sync>Verify Database Quickly

• I >Clean database

• Then [DATABASE 1] refuses to sync (it is not huge)

• I restart
    and

• The log tells me .manifest is missing from “[DATABASE 2]”

and

• Broken or not yet complete data structure of [Database 2]

I’m going insane.

I have made a backup of both my databases and the Inbox Database.
How can I start fresh?

Please open a support ticket. Thanks.

This worked for me. I have been struggling for past 4 hrs and now it seems to connect and syn.
Thank you very much.

welcome to the forum.

Good you are now syncing. I am curious. What sync method are you using?

Through Icloudkit , while syn I could not locate the new databases. I went online looked up all suggestions …there are too many suggestions … nothing worked for hours…then I came across this link, read it tried … deleted the app on iphone - reloaded it -didnot turn on icloudkit - went on my mac - settings - icloud - click manage - looked for DTTG - deleted DTTG came back to the DT settings - icloudkit - right click - clean location - waited for it to finish the cleaning - turned on the icloudkit it took some time and now I can syn DTTG on icloudkit
Thank you.

Using Apple’s CloudKit. I suspected that. You’ll find from posts on this forum that Apple’s sync services are unreliable for many people. Looks like you are one of those who sadly experience poor service from Apple. This type of sync unreliability, based on information other internet forums, is not limited to the DEVONthink world, but troubles other apps.

If you really need syncing via third party internet services, Dropbox is reliable. There are technical reasons why Dropbox more reliable than Apple’s which you can read about in the posts if you need to.

I rely on Bonjour to sync two Macs and two iOS devices. Bonjour does not involve using the Internet and a local WebDav service on my Synology NAS. Bonjour quick and very reliable. I also have Dropbox syncing one database–my “works in progress” database. All this just works and does not need hours of fiddling and researching.