DT Safari extension disabled by Safari 13

DT Safari extension has been disabled by Safari 13.

[Edit:] Appears it could be turned back on. It still works.

Which version of DEVONthink and of macOS do you use?

I believe that all of the “old style” Safari extensions will be disabled in Safari 13. I believe you can override this, at least for some extensions (possibly only ones from the official Apple extensions page).

I would expect Safari 14 (in 2020) will disallow that altogether. Hopefully DT will have a new one by then.

DEVONthink 3 includes a native Safari extension, it’s not even necessary to install it, only to enable it in Safari’s preferenes.

4 Likes

Hi, I am facing the problem of being still in DTPO 2.10.1 currently and am now on a NEW machine (MBP Touch Bar 2019) running OSX 10.14.6 and Safari 13. The safari extension is blocked from installing/running. At some point I will upgrade to DTP 3 but not right now. So far I have not been able to somehow manually install the Safari extension or/and enable it manually.

What and how to do this?

Thank You!

Cheers Rolf

Safari 13 doesn’t support old extensions like the one of DEVONthink 2 anymore. One workaround is to add the Clip to DEVONthink bookmarklet (see https://www.devontechnologies.com/support/download/extras) to Safari’s favorites bar.

Thanks! Works!
By the way, now I noticed the newer 2.x version to use (my MBP was stolen last July and was stuck with an iPhone until now… didn’t hide under a rock :wink: )

Cheers Rolf