DTG iOS Scanning

I was wondering whether the DT team has considered adding the new iOS scanner SDK to their app to enable document scanning directly in the app, would be something I would love to pay for in an IAP and would really integrate the whole experience for me so I can digitise documents when travelling too!

1 Like

Yes, we have looked into the VisionKit framework. It is, however, extremely lightweight and does not support, e.g., deskewing or color correcting pages so that you end up with proper A4 pages, pure white background and black text.

We’re keeping an eye on it, though, but are also evaluating other options.

1 Like

Good to hear! Even something rudimentary would be big for me :slight_smile: or even a proper integration with another scanner app?

Readdle Scanner Pro offers direct integration with DEVONthink To Go. You can either send single scans directly to your inbox with a single tap or save them via DEVONthink To Go’s Files.app integration to any database and group.

Oooh, is there a tutorial anyway for how to set that up?

Oh I see it in the sharesheet

Not sure whether it takes more or less steps and whether the functionality is very different, but the native Files app can scan documents as well.

Simply select the Global Inbox or any other folder and select ‘Scan’ in the upper left corner (the … menu).

Not sure whether it takes more or less steps and whether the functionality is very different, but the native Files app can scan documents as well.

Scanner Pro offers a bit more here, from deskewing to making document black-and-white, running them through OCR (Tesseract-based, so probably with less accurate results than what DEVONthink Pro offers).