DTPO - edit smart group issue

Yes, that is true. Are you saying it did something untoward in your case?

I have no idea, I am just wondering. All i know is that two days ago I could edit smart groups in DTPO and now I can’t.

DEVONthink 3’s copying the Global Inbox shouldn’t have any bearing on that.

Does the behavior with DEVONthink’s smart groups persist after a machine reboot?

I’ll try again now but yes. At the end of my day I quit all apps, delete unwanted cookies and html storage files before switching off. I’ve done all that twice since the problem arose.

The only oddity was a warning that popped up to say something like Non-responsive DNS server or invalid DNS configuration. I checked my network settings (I have a networked printer/copier/scanner) but nothing else. All in order. Never had that before: I wonder if a virus has crept in: I don’t have firewalls. Everything else is working ok.

Does the behavior with DEVONthink’s smart groups persist after a machine reboot?

Yes.

Similar issue to someone else’s post : Right click/control click issue in DTPO

You never responded to this question from Criss…

And after choosing “Edit…” in the contextual menu nothing happens?

Is that the case or are you saying the contextual menu doesn’t appear?
If the latter, does the contextual menu not appear with other items you interact with, regular groups and files?

When I right click on the side bar, the contextual menu appears.
Ditto - on any inbox of any database. .

But when I right click on any group or smart group in any database the contextual menu does not appear.

Did you update macOS recently?

No. still on mac OS 10.14.5

It may not make a difference but the current version is 10.14.6. You should update your operating system.

I have now updated to 10.14.6. No difference.

Do you see the same behavior in a new macOS user account?

I do not have another user account and do not have time now to set up ,etc.

I have now sent bug report.

[quote=“mog, post:20, topic:49251”]
Similar issue to someone else’s post [/quote]

The other person says the problem was resolved by switching to DT3 beta. In DT 3.0beta5, I can edit a smart folder so the issue is in my mind some sort of conflict between DTPO and DT 3.0beta5 and i’d guess to do with DT 3.0beta5 copying the global database.

Issue seems to have almost righted itself.
Cntr>right click doesn’t work, but double clicking on the smart group opens it up. I can live with that.

Spoke too soon. Something else is not happening. when I click on a group or smart group, the entries don’t appear even though the group and s/g has entries in it. I’ve run verify & repair, also open and close a different database and that resolves the issue.

Neither DEVONthink 3 nor copying of databases can affect contextual menus of DEVONthink 2 actually. Did you change any system preferences or install other software recently?

Only recent trial-only software EagleFiler, Keyboard Maestro, KeyCue. As far as I can remember, only system preference changes have been to allow accessibility to those apps. But apart from installation and a few minutes trialling trials not persevered yet.
Also I might’ve added DTPO to Full Disk Access.

Did you completely (!) deinstall these apps again?

No, I haven’t finished trialling them.

But as you’ve queried, i have just deleted them from accessibility allow.