DTTG 3.0 & Family Sharing?

Have you updated to version 3.0.1?

Yes, I did. And just checked: 3.0.1 will be installed from my purchased apps, too.

Could you please share a screenshot? Pictures often say more than a thousand words.

I’m having the issue with the one time purchase (not the subscription), same experience as rdb.

Restoring across my personal devices works, family sharing does not.

@JoelBerger And you are sure that you have not, by accident, installed DEVONthink To Go on these iOS devices in the family from the App Store directly instead of installing it from the purchases of the Apple ID that you used for purchasing it?

In the screenshot it all looks OK: one-time purchase applied, all clear.

Downloaded v3.0.1 from purchased apps:

Downloaded v2.7.9 and started up to Inbox; download v3.0.1 (both from purchased apps):

Already pressed Wiederherholen / Wiederherstellen

And you had done exactly this already on another device where you actually purchased it?

I just double-checked to be sure, and the install is coming from App Store > Account > Purchases > (Sharing Account).

Hmm. Interesting. We have activated Family Sharing for all five in-app purchases. Restarting the device doesn’t help too? Just trying to imagine what could help as the Family Sharing mechanics are wholly on Apple’s side.

Maybe the Console.log from one of these family devices could help (connect to Mac, access DEVONthink To Go’s Documents folder in the Finder).

My son’s iPad Air, my wife’s iPhone SE. Both with the same results.

I don’t want to connect their devices to my Mac, so I’m out with the Logs.

As already written earlier: we don’t need it, just for help and assistance.

Well, as it’s hard to test it from here without hands-on access, we’ll have to wait for some logs to see what’s going on.

Found an unused SE 1st generation, and will set up for family member.

What exactly do you need for „logs“?

Ah, thank you very much. When you connect the device to your Mac and open it in the sidebar you can navigate to File Sharing and there to DEVONthink To Go. There should be a Console.log file. This might be useful. Feel free to send it by PM.

Will do. Just now the old beast will be brought to iOS 14.4.

Deleted DTTG 3 on wife’s iPad (v2 still installed). Installed DTTG 3.0.2 from App Store (previous purchases from my account which was used to purchase DTTG3 as one off upgrade price of £19.99)

Cannot use DTTG 3.0.2 as am stuck at this screen …

Pressing “Retry / Restore” at bottom does just makes the “Retry / Restore” text grey-out for a second or two before changing back to light blue.

Any further suggestions?

Does the Free option work?

I guess that the temporary free period, even if it works, will just push my problem into the future for when the free period expires? I haven’t tried the temporary free period because I have purchased the app. What would you like me to do to help you resolve this?

Could you maybe send me the Console.log using ? > Contact us to email us? Maybe letting us know the time when you tried Retry/Restore? This might help.

Done & sent Console.log by email to feedback@devontechnologies.com at 11:05 GMT Wednesday 17 February 2021. I hope this helps.

Has anyone got the one-time payment sharing to work at all? Now the free trial on my partner’s device has expired and we couldn’t get restore to work.

Our family sharing is definitely set up properly. We have got two other IAPs in other apps to work.

For now, I just signed in my own account in the app store and restored from there. But this might not be a permanent solution.