DTTG 3.0 & Family Sharing?

Family sharing is nothing an app has to actively support; we just flipped the switch. According to some sources the legend goes that you have to install the app in question — here: DEVONthink To Go — from the other person’s Purchases in the App Store app.

Did that from the beginning. I just want to know if anyone has got it working.

I’m an “anyone”.

Thanks. Good to know. Which IAP did you buy, the full one or the upgrade one?

Upgrade. Of course, your “mileage may vary” and since it “just worked” I have no debugging guidance.

Wondering why you didn’t ask this question instead of casting out for “anyone”…

I asked it a few months ago already in this thread. Many people reported the same problem but nobody reported a success. I was just on the verge of giving up.

I also waited until the trial period was over on the 31st August hoping that DT to Go 3 would work on a family members’ iPad. Sad to say it does not and now that we are at Sept 1st she is also locked out of the app and her files. Perhaps I too can ask whether anyone has managed to get this working and how?

• Has she been running DEVONthink To Go already?
    • If so, did she merely install it from the App Store listing?

Thanks for the quick response Bluefrog.

Yes, she was running DTGo3 already since the day it came out on Feb 10.

No, she installed it on he iPad via my purchase list. She is running the latest version,

Also when she installed it DT2Go 2 was already on her iPad through family sharing.

Thanks

You’re welcome!

Can she select Help > Contact Us in DEVONthink To Go to start a support ticket? Perhaps there’s something in the logs.
Thanks!

Sadly she is unable to access the Help option through the app as she is prompted by the screen requesting the user to make a choice regarding payment. There are no other options at that point.

I have, however, managed to download a file called Console.log from her advice. Is this of any help to you in diagnosing the issue?

Thanks.

It’s possible it may. Please attach it when you start a support ticket.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,
I’m also having some issues here.

I purchased the yearly DTTG 3 subscription and tried the restore option on my wife’s phone - with no success. Family share is enabled and worked fine with other apps in the past.

Since the yearly option showed the end date of my subscription I gave this a shot and went through the purchase process again hoping for the “you already purchased this” message.

But that didn’t happen. It seems as if she purchased a separate copy with a new free month of trial :confused:

Had you explicitly shared your subscription from your device? You need to do this for sharing subscriptions.

Yes.

Could you please send us the file Console.log from your wife’s device, found in Files.app > On My Device > DEVONthink to support@devontechnologies.com?

Hi @eboehnisch, I’ve sent the requested file. Thanks!