DTTG 3 crashes on iOS 15

Thanks for the thorough post. All information is useful.
We are looking at some good results right now and testing to verify the issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience and understanding too.

Crashing for me on startup. I am reinstalling now.

I hope so, I cannot access my data at all or open the app at all on my phone. The app is 100% non-functional currently for me.

FYI, I had and reported the same issue the same day IOS 15 was released. Clearly, Apple broke something.

I have found that when I deleted DEVONthink ToGo, and reinstalled from Apple’s App Store it would work ok and not crash on startup. Then I setup synching with the third party sync locations (CloudKit and Dropbox) and Bonjour and after a day or so it crashed again. I deleted all again, reinstalled and this time only setup sync with my local WebDAV on the Synology server (local) and so far all working well.

I’m planning to wait for an update from Apple and/or DEVON Technologies before doing any more setup than that (including Bonjour). Meantime, I’m doing my reading, writing, etc. as usual on the device.

I am fully aware this is anecdotal, but the following may get you going.

If you need syncing, and If you don’t have a WebDAV available–reinstalling with using only Bonjour for syncing might work. Bonjour normally faster and more reliable than third party cloud servers anyway.

Just a thought. May may not work. Dunno. But as you are out of business this might work.

1 Like

Apple has released iOS 15.0.1 which possibly will have bearing on this issue.

Thanks for your tips on what worked for you. Mysteriously, after not being able to open DT3 on my phone for several days, I am now I able to open the app. It’s not clear at all what triggered this if anything!

1 Like

I just tried mine and same result. After not opening for a number of days it just opened like normal. Not sure what triggered it if anything either nor if it will last.

1 Like

Computers. Don’t you love 'em.

Hello everyone,

After updating to 15.0.1 last week DTTG on XS Max iphone seemed to be working fine up until an hour ago.
Now refuses to open but shows open app in app swipe mode.

Actually I spoke too soon. After briefly being able to open the app I’m now back to not being able to open it.

Working here. Still only on WebDAV and no third party sync setup. Just guessing on if third party sync setup has anything to do with the failures. on iOS 15.0.1.

As things working (so far) I’m leaving well enough along before doing any more sync setup.

Just a follow-up that the current internal build is looking pretty solid. Stay tuned and thanks again for the patience.

Awesome thanks Bluefrog

The update (v. 3.2.1) was released yesterday evening (depending on your location YMMV).

Release notes:

This maintenance release speeds up launching the app and renders document icons and previews faster on iOS 15. A new filter lets you view only untagged items. Finally, the update fixes a number of issues including a crash on iPhones running iOS 15, a broken French localization, and an issue related to the file provider extension. Local WebDAV servers are now also found via Bonjour as they should.

2 Likes

the update solved it for me.

Thank you for the fast update !!

1 Like

Thanks to the DT team for quickly fixing the iOS crash. Problem solved for me also.

Welcome @Kalanthes
You’re welcome and welcome to the forums :slight_smile: